View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeron Kahyar View Post
Okay let's try an easy explanation. If I gave you the choice of getting hit with a baseball bat made of balsa wood or one made of Maple (same guy swinging both) Wich would you choose? This making sense at all?
Seen 5 Grizz one day in k-country. If you chase sheep and mountain elk you’re no stranger to grizz sightings. I rarely found a drainage where there wasn’t fresh sign or I saw one. Rarely. Only got out once this year to show an old friend what sheep look like on a mountain. Found him two rams and a wolf but not legal and wolf was in a park. Anyway, I spent a few years solo camping for 6 day stretches in the same place with a bear that the guy got attacked recently while eating his breakfast and sadly a few years prior to that I walked out a guy that that bear chewed up his tent and kept him up all night running him out of there next morning. I never had an encounter luckily but we knew each other was there. I also met Rick Cross the year he got his nephew(I believe nephew?) when they got that ram together, was part of that day. I also saw Rick the night before he was killed by a grizzly, we both slept in our trucks the night before the opener and hiked different drainages in the am. I came out, he didn’t. At least I’m positive I saw him pass me just before bedtime and looking for our place to sleep it out before home time. I’ve spent my time, never had to shoot one and in fact haven’t had any close encounters but I hunt alone and I’m paranoid so I’m not very quiet, I don’t want a surprise. I don’t want those experiences, I act as though I could run into a bear anywhere anytime all the time. Been in on about 8 sheep, three my own. Lots of elk etc.

There’s a few pros that keep judging but most of it isn’t even relevant to the discussion. Their own issues really.

Comparing a 6.5 cm to. 300 win mag is like attacking someone’s religion. Like the 300 wm is legend...May as well be the JC of cartridges. So I expect this...however...not afraid to put the actual data on paper despite the known barrage of attack. There is not a single thing wrong with the viewpoint presented. To think there’s a big difference between increasing the diameter of a needle by a few percent as compared to the something the size of the quilt you’re pushing it through is hard to explain due to the previous institutions. Not trying to dethrone anything here, just educate what seems so obvious to those trusting the numbers that actually gave some of these things the reputations they have. We just weren’t sure exactly what numbers did what they did. We know more now. I just presented a different way to see that. 1/4” needle or 1/3” needle to a 10 square foot quilt is really that big a deal eh? The quilt can tell? No...that needle with same velocity and sd is going the same distance.