View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 07:31 AM

Default schmyr

Years ago I went antelope hunting with an extremely reputable outfitter named Kim Bonnet of Bucks and Bulls Outfitters. We hunted private ranches in New Mexico and I was lucky enough to take a book antelope. Kim would have the guide gut the animal after the client field pictures, then we would take the antelope back to camp where it would usually hang over night and then Kim would take the bucks out and re-position them for his own professional pictures. He was good at it and he got great pictures for his promotion.This is a guy who had never indicated any thought of any illegal activity, he just liked to take his game pictures in a great setting with good light.

I read where someone says that Schmyr tried to run them off of a good hunting site on Crown land. Years ago I was hunting the South Ghost for sheep. I was at the site where the three valleys meet and was making the short hike up the hill to glass. Behind me, two guys appeared and started calling out to me. I meet up with these guys who begin to inform me I couldn't hunt these valleys. I asked why not and they tell me that they are not only members of Alberta Fish and Game Association, but they are committee heads. one was in charge of the Bird Game Committee and one was in charge of the Big Game Committee, and they were hunting this area. It was there turf. It was laughable except they were dead serious and wanted me to pack up and bugger off. I hunted a few days, but when I got back I tried to complain about these clowns to the Alberta Fish and Game Association but they were unapproachable. Kind of the same thing. There's bad in every bunch, Outfitters, Residents and AFGA members alike.
By the way, does AFGA kick out members with game violations?