View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
This brings up a very interesting topic and discussion as well as a province wide problem!
Say a guy takes his meat to the butcher prior to getting results ! we all know a butcher blends many animals into batch of product, now this batch of product gets distributed to many others for consumption , is this a legal matter now ?
What would the outcome be and what should be done to prevent this from occurring ?
I for one have my meat in semi process mode and marked as such in a separate freezer <I will not eat or process fully until given the green light and if I did ever use a butcher ,it wouldn't be seeing this meat until a green light has been given .
Yes, very interesting. I for one just got the green light for my Whitetail buck yesterday. As for legalities, I don't think the hunter or the butcher shop are under any legal obligation at this point to take any measures to ensure there is no CWD cross contamination. The Center for Disease Control and Alberta Environment and Parks, among others, only recommend not consuming it. Regardless, I would not use a butcher because I would not want to possibly contaminate my venison or someone else's.