View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
Hog pike man. That lake must be loaded with Whites or Perch in order to make thick fish like that. All the fish pictured look very healthy girth-wise. If that one beast is indeed 43" she may be close to 25+ pounds with a girth like that. Once in a life time fish for most seasoned anglers, and these young pro's pulled it off before grade school was even finished!!

So impressed by your kids but even more impressed by their awesome father / mentor setting such a good example with fish handling and obviously setting them up with the right gear and in the right spot. Those memories will last a life time man thank you so much for sharing. Stories like this are needed when the world seems like such a negative place nowadays.

Cheers!
Wow, thanks for the compliments.

Good eye on the condition of those fish. We live on the shore of Lesser Slave, which has good whitefish populations, and can produce some good looking pike once they get a bit bigger... but yeah, those fish we caught this weekend were some of the nicest I've seen in awhile. Not just deep bodied but really nice width across the back, I too would be curious to know what their main forage is. The second pike pictured, for its size, is probably the most stocky, broad shouldered pike I can remember seeing.