View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknorthernjk View Post
Steel Will Cutjack D2 version. My new favorite everyday.
Best ergonomics of any of the knives I've owned, around 55 CAD slim and light.
Cheaper fiber reinforced nylon scales, but I don't mind the feel with the aggressive patterning. Phosfor bronze washers instead of bearings on the pivot, but it's action is impressive for the price. Outstandingly ground D2 blade with a nice choil to choke up on the blade for more control if needed. There's a pricier version that uses bearings, better steel and G10 scales but that's over your price point

https://www.warriorsandwonders.com/S...inerlock_Black
Fabulous knife. D2 is my favorite steel for my edc. Another great knife is the Ontario rat 1 with D2 steel. At around 80$ it's right in under budget.
I have a zancudo brk in D2 that l love for edc carry as well IIRC it was 65$
Kershaw ciro 2 is a good edc with decent edge retention. I have several different Kershaw flippers and all have been great knives.
Another good blade is the buck 340 and 345. Deep pocket carry and quick open blades that hold an edge decently well.
Schrade old timer and buck 110 are good options with the edge going to the buck

If I had to choose only one blade as my edc it would be the zancudo brk. It's thin profile, D2 steel, tip up carry and blade shape/ design make it the perfect blade for my edc. However I'm too much of a blade nut to only have one knife:-)