View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle_monkey1 View Post
What an absurd veiled threat. If you don't like his opinion, fine. But to imply that you would report him to the RCMP because you disagree with what he says shows absolutely zero class whatsoever.
I do disagree, and it was not aimed as a threat, but one cannot disagree with the law. By mudding the waters with "perspectives of what is legal" may lead someone to misinterpret the context and face some severe legal repercussions. Every RPAL course teaches the right & responsibilities of firearm use, and in my opinion all this conversation has shown is how people want to side step the rules. In turn, if this conversation was viewed by anyone other than firearms owners it would seriously raise some red flag and probably provide support for movements like with Bill S-223 (now thankfuly dead). So yes, I side with the RCMP, and how the rules are laid and for further support, below I posted their stance.

The CFP is committed to communicating with the public and distributing firearms safety information through a variety of media. The goal is to improve public safety by expanding awareness of, and compliance with, the safe use, handling and storage of firearms.

The CFP offers a toll-free line (1-800-731-4000) and urges those with non-emergency, firearm-related public safety concerns to call and report them. The CFP encourages people to call if they believe a person who owns firearms could be a danger to themselves or to others, or if they know of any valid reason why a person who has a firearms licence or has applied for one should not have such a licence.