View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
The climate is always changing. How else do you explain the mini ice age, the last big ice age when the glaciers moved the Rocky mountains, Lake Agazzi and a Mediterranean climate in Manitoba? You can't just dismiss this information. Man or fossil fuels had nothing to do with those periods of climate change.
So yes the climate is changing but taxing an undetectable gas that is essential to life itself will not solve anything. Man accounts for about 3% of all CO2.
CO2 is not pollution. Container tankers plying the oceans burning bunker crude account for more pollution than all the vehicles in the world.
The sun goes through cycles of heating and cooling. This has more influence on climate change than all other factors. Once the sun starts to super heat and burn out - super nova, the earth will cease to exist.
What is happening in Paris next week is fiction.
Actually, I can't say if man has anything to do with climate change, it's impossible to do IMO. Kind of a religious thing.
One of the greenie's website had an analogy about a man and his wife putting unknown amount of money into a bank account with no monthly fees and no interest. So man claims that since it's less money every month and he is not taking any out, then his evil wife must be spending more than she puts in. It is nice and simple analogy. Only I think, that I know enough to believe that a better analogy would be that this man, actually, has a bank account where he doesn't know the interest, neglected fees and not aware of a multiple other users who affect a bottom line way more than his poor wife. He still blames his wife and wants her to be punished for everything.
But as I said, unless you spend your life building a better models you'll never know (even if you do you'll never know for sure). Kind of a religious thing at the moment.