View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 09:15 AM
Banned

It's a lot of fun stretching out the range. I don't usually shoot during the winter but I do 90% of my shooting at 40+ yards once the snow melts. After a few warm up rounds I can get my groups down to 3 or 4 inches at 100yds, of course not all groups will be that tight but I can keep them in the kill zone at 100yds.

Wind and even rain can play a big factor when you start to stretch things out, and practicing at long range during windy or rainy conditions will give you real life expectations for when it counts. As far as I'm concerned, any archer who doesn't practice at long range, is missing out. Even if you feel 50, or 60yds is out of your comfort range to hunt at, shooting groups at that range is fulfilling in a way. I like shooting groups but I hate wrecking arrows. So at long range I get the best of both worlds, I can shoot groups and don't usually wreck any arrows.

Nube, I'd say don't worry about guys telling you how far you should shoot. You're on the right track and when the time comes you'll know how far is too far given your current conditions.