View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Why do you call the landlord a slum lord I'm sure he is not the one that brought the bugs into his building and by the sound of it he is doing what is required.

Why did you son have to stay in a motel?

Why did he throw out his furniture?

There is a reason why the judge never give a settlement for discarded furniture.

And 5 here was no reason why they could not visit family it is not leprosy it is bed bugs.

Mack
You sound like someone who has no idea what he is talking about, or ever had bed bugs.

You and your son have my sympathy Ken. This happened to us about 20 years ago, another tenant brought them to the building, and they spread. We fought with them for over a year, thought we'd got it dealt with (after also throwing out all furniture and replacing)....and they were still in the building and soon enough our problem again. We moved, but the absolute nightmare of it lingers. Just the thought of them has me scratching. Horrible little pernicious beasts, and you can develop serious allergies to their bites, as we found out. I'm itching while I type just thinking about it.

And the moral to the story is, check the bed bug registry before you move. We did this when my girls moved to Edmonton, and half the units we were considering showed up on the registry, particularly anything that was dorm related or close to the schools (NAIT, UofA, Grant M).... we also have seen them in nice hotels. With the banning of DDT, which was most effective at getting rid of them, they have made a spectacular comeback in North America.

As a further note, and has been mentioned, NEVER buy used furniture. EVER! Those little sons of satan will make you crazy and cost you a bleeding fortune.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone