View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
Cool factor of 10/10. I wondered something though (and you don't have to answer this)... Are you trying to establish it's uniqueness/monetary value for insurance purposes? I'm married into an insurance family, and have been reminded a number of times that I should have detailed records of what I have, it's value, etc. And BELIEVE me...there is nothing in my collection that comes close to what I suspect the value of that gun is. I doubt all of them together would!
That is actually part of the issue, getting a fair appraisal without all the background and supporting docs is going to leave it's value well shy of what has been suggested as a likely value at auction. For comparison, a one off Python that started off similar to mine (blue 6") with ivory grips, and more ornate engraving and gold work, recently sold at Rock Island auctions for $56K USD. There was some history to the gun. Another similar Python that was commissioned by Elvis Presley sold for $175K UsD...so in a nutshell, the more I can establish the better. Here is the presley Python, obviously way more ornate!

As an aside, the SK Python pictured in the book shipped Nov 21, 1979, and mine shipped Oct 26, 1979, both to same distributor in Arkansas. Alberta was first!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg msqHbVg.jpg (43.7 KB, 41 views)

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 11-18-2017 at 05:44 PM.