View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
Absolutely none of my business...but anyone you think highly enough of to even LET them hold that...should probably know better than to ask!

Personally, it would be a "sorry, nobody holds this one...not even me most of the time!" proposition. The thing is irreplaceable and deserves to be treated that way.

Beautiful gun btw, what a specimen!
Thanks GH, and yes, I agree with you on the handling. So far, only one good friend has handled it, and he is extremely trusted with any firearms and someone who really appreciates them as I do. The rest of my friends that I trust to hold it, have all declined as you say. I 'white glove' it only, and the handling is kept to a minimum. It is a treasured specimen for sure.

I am still patiently (barely patiently!) waiting to hear back from Colt Archives on actual production numbers on it. If it is actually a 1 of 12 (ten provinces, two territories), and the only Alberta gun made by Colt.....well, let's just say that I won the lottery on this one. And even if it isn't the only one, I did....but it is looking like it is one of one. Posting on the Colt Forum, there is not a single response from anyone (serious collector or otherwise) saying 'I have the xxxx province!'.....or 'there were exactly xxxx in the Canadian Province series'......and these guys over on the Colt Forum! Pythons are a religion for them. The depth of knowledge there is staggering, and the fact that not a single person can verify production, or actually has one? Leads me to think I may have a Holy Grail Colt Python. At least for me.

Well, actually, it is a Holy Grail Python for me......

Did anyone notice on the Colt archive letter, it says that each 'providence' is outlined in Gold? I even have a typo error! On postage stamps, errors make them worth more!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 08-24-2017 at 04:43 PM.