View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 06:35 PM

I went with a 6.5-06 gain twist from him in a 26" , he tried to talk me into a 24" but I was set on a longer barrel for the little extra speed but I did not understand at the time about the gaintwist ,but he told me to try it and if I was not happy with it he would cut it down somemore for me.I am very happy with it so far,I am getting right around 2800 fps with 50 grs of VIHT N560 and140 gr VLD Targets and it is grouping under MOA out to 600yrds so far , I can still go up with a little more powder but its doing really good where its at,Hoping for somemore warm weather to get it out again.I stopped and chatted with him awhile back and had a good chat with him and watched him making a barrel,it is always interesting to go there and you learn a few things every time .I am trying to decide what to get next. He also bored a 308 model 88 Winchester out to 358 for me a couple years back , not sure if he gain twisted it,guess I'll have to ask him next time I am there,but it is a really good shooter to.
cheers