View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:32 PM

As a new member I may be over stepping my bounds but here it goes. As I see it, having an on-line version allows newhunters another option that fits in better with work, travel, school and family. It gets more hunters SOME training and helps close some of the systemic gaps that seem to exist with accountability and the WIN. ITo date I have been finding this course helpful in background information.

Having only an "in person" course as a way to filter out unethical hunters does not seem to be working as they still exist. Unethical peole behave unethically regardless of the parameters, that is their character.One of the issues I think that is underlying is that the HUnter Education Curse equals a competent hunter.

It is one step, but I hope competency comes with supervised experience in the field, mentoring and practice. How many people with no hunting background could do a classroom course and remeber it all in the field? The guys I want to go out with say the learning comes once the paperwork is done. I would think the culture that is cultivated in the field does more to create competent hunters than any course in any fashion.

Just my two sense, hope I didn't offend anyone.