View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Tikkas Don t fit me well and kick me good. Im not generally recoil sensitive and own and shoot many thumpers. But for me tikkas are vicious....too bad cause they really are nice guns. If you have a chance to shoot one before buying do it. An after market stock would probably help but you'll need to factor in the extra cost.

As for weight vs recoil.
Are you a shooter or hunter? If your going to send many 100x rounds down range and only hunt every other weekend in season get a bit heavier rifle.
If your a hunter first and only shoot a box or so a year get a light one comfortable to carry. Most times recoil is not noticed when taking shots at game.

Whatever you choose enjoy the process and buy the rifle that gives you the most confidence in.

Solid points!
I’m definitely a hunter and typically just shoot enough to sight in my scope and stay confident... which my 30.06 hasn’t been helping with! Lol.
I went out shooting yesterday just to try and spend more time getting used to what I have. My aim was decent but the gun really jumps in my hands.

Any advice on what I can do with the gun I have the way it is to keep it more steady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk