View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriertxv View Post
This is an odd question but got into discussion at work with a good guy who said that a F&W officer told him that you cannot carry a shotgun with slugs in it out of hunting season on crown land. In fact any rifle unless you are specifically target shooting.
Now I haven’t been out hunting or shooting on crown land in 40 years so I have no idea what the law is now.
Example of out fishing and having a shotgun or rifle with you for protection from bears, cougars etc.
I do know that when I was out fishing or hiking back then I most certainly had a short 870 with slugs in it and had a S&W officer check my license and there was never any questions about having a shotgun with me let alone did it have slugs.
You have the answer from at least two here that I know of that are certifird firearms instructors, as well, i hunted wirh a warden for many years and also know it is completly legal to carry a loaded firearm on your person all year round .
NOT in a vehicle however. But walking , yes .
Cat