View Single Post
Old 11-15-2023, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post
Gents, appreciate all the suggestions.. having never removed the buttstock I am guessing this could be the issue. I am not a huge gun nut, so is this reasonably easy to do for someone with limited knowledge or should I consider sending to a gun smith? From some reading on the internet I am a little concerned about wrecking something.

DR
Well in my case, I'm pretty comfortable attempting to take things apart and trying to diagnose an issue...but actually wasn't with my shotgun. Sentimental value couldn't be greater in my case, so it was concern about messing something up. Mine needed it's barrel re-blued (rust blued) as there was a significant blemish in the finish on one side. Committed to that work once I got the gun working right and to do that, I watched about a 1/2 dozen YouTube videos to build-up my confidence. In all honesty, it wasn't too difficult but I will say...had I just jumped in without that bit of research, it might not have gone as well. Good news is, there really aren't allot of parts involved, and the design itself is very interesting. Since I was working so gradually (painfully so) I had mine together/apart testing with snap caps so many times that it became a very simple process.