View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttankster View Post
I went out this morning to take advantage of the early morning light to find that elusive Snowy Owl! I have already located three... possibly four Great Horned Owl nests with females already sitting. I also came across four cock Pheasants along the way. Shortly after that, I found a Mule Deer doe that was caught up in a four strand barbed wire fence. I contacted F&W and explained what I had and was told initially that I should just leave her and she would work her way free. I don't think I explained the situation in enough detail and suggested to the officer that with all due respect, she would need some assistance to get free. He was more than willing to come out and see how we were going to deal with her. He arrived quite quickly. After having a look at the situation, he grabbed his fencing pliers and began to loosen up the top couple of strands of barbed wire. Although extremely exhausted, she was able to work her way free and only moved off a short distance before laying down. I have no doubt, that with all the coyotes in the area, that doe would have been eaten alive while being trapped in that barbed wire.

Good job. And those are very nice pics.