Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
It is a simple world you live in I'm envious

As an added bonus we might actually get a handle on the beetles while we help the sheep. Just don't start the fire at the bottom all the way around the moutain the sheep won't have any where to go but up and that might run out.
Take a look into the national parks and the prescribed burns happening there.

Quote:
For arguement sake (like we need an excuse) if numbers showed high ewe:ram ratios and unbalanced unhealthy ram class distribution would you still argue against longer wait times over a draw?
For arguments sake, for sure I'd selfishly support the wait times, I wouldn't be voting for the best for the herd but I'd still be hunting. With the draws I may only get one more tag in my life.

The elitists who believe the herd needs to be managed so they have more opportunity for a book sheep disgust me. I think we need to manage the herd for all Albertans not a select few. The rumors of more full curl zones are a prime example. When 437 was full curl were there any shot there? How many years was 437 full curl without a ram killed before it went back to 4/5? That would be the story in many WMUs if full curl is brought in.