View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
With mine I took the anti dry fire system off. Too much of a pain to unload with it on. A couple of screws and done. Sometimes I really wonder if the brains behind these things actually use them in real world situations.
You cannot be doing this correctly if you think real world situations make it difficult. Too much of a pain? To unload: Remove arrow, put your foot in the stirrup, place the cocking rope around the string. Only use one handle of the cocking rope to maintain pressure on the string. With the other hand move safety to fire, now simultaneously depress the ADF (with your thumb) and squeeze the trigger (with your index finger). Caution: Ensure you maintain positive pressure on the rope cocking handle as you squeeze the trigger. Done.

This is soooooooooooo simple. I cannot believe you would remove the ADF. The only difference with unloading an Excalibur with an ADF is you have to depress the ADF and keep it depressed at the same time as squeezing the trigger. I don't think you were following this example. The ADF is a super addition it any Excalibur crossbow.

I have been using Excalibur crossbows for decades. I have installed ADF's on crossbows that did not originally have them.