View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 05:14 PM

I own and shoot both.

My return to the rifle sports of hunting and long range shooting started with a 30/06,,, the only reason at the time was to own 1 rifle for everything,,, well it didn't happen """yet""". LOL

A Good friend of mine got me into F Class shooting,,, now that put a kink in the draw-works since I needed a 308 to blend into the F class of FTR.

Dam,,, back to 2 rifles,,, let's see,,, what's my options now... I know,,, I bought another sporter 308 to blend in with my F Class rig,,, so my Ought-6 days are winding down. Not because I don't enjoy it,,, its more to do with my less is more program. LOL

Yuppers,,, the new plan is own two rifles in the same caliber & cartridge so I can follow the ballistics game,,, keeping everything the same. Or as close as possible.

Separate cases for each of them,,, then try to match the ft-per seconds,,, the same everything...

The only person that gets to decide what works for you is you,,, that's what really counts.

I don't see any difference between either of those cartrages less a few ft-per seconds as you mentioned.

The old school cartridges aren't the sharpest pencils in the pack,,, nor are they the weakest.

Both are fun to shoot like all the others out there,,, my plan was to own 1,,, it didn't pan out,,, so I decided to own 2 rifles that shoot the same case.

1 for long distance fun stuff,,, the other for hunting and general plinking. Both worlds with 1 style of cartridge.

Good luck going forward with your plan,,, that's part of the fun to good times.

👍