View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
This is the dumbest suggestion I have heard in a long time.
And yes I live in rural sk where it takes the police an hour or more to arrive on a 911 call.

There are No Such Things as an easy call. I guess many of you have forgotten or are maybe to young to remember the Mayerthrope Alberta Tragedy....4 officers initially went to the farm to assist bailiffs in trying to repossess a truck, the end result 4 officers shot to death.

Spiritwood SK , 2 officers called to an assault , a chase took place.....End Result 2 officers shot to death.

Those were 2 pretty straight forward calls.....That ended in 6 trained officers killed in the line of duty..... Not Wannabe Cops....HMMMM
With all due respect for the fallen officers, your examples illustrate the problem: the so-called trained experts (police) were killed by the expertise of the bad guys. I don't advocate a militia, but there is a degree of 'Meh' deeply embedded in RCMP rural crime investigations that has to change. The OP is just spitballing, preferable to sitting in your cruiser telling citizens to call their insurance.