View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Gone Hunting

The moral of the famous Story, ‘Who will Bell the Cat’ is ‘Easier Said than done”.

There lived some mice in a certain house. There was no cat in the house. So the mice moved about quite freely and ate whatever they got in the kitchen. The master of the house felt very much disturbed. So one day he brought a cat to kill them.
The cat was a good hunter. So the mice were now in great fear. They could not come out of their holes.
At last they held a meeting to decide how they might get rid of the cat. But none could suggest a suitable plan. At last a young mouse said, “Friends, let us tie a bell to the neck of the cat. When the cat moves, the bell will ring. Then we shall run away.”
“It is really a very good plan,” said all the mice in great joy.
But there was an old mouse. He was all along silent. Now he said, “It is no doubt a good plan. But who will bell the cat?”
There was no reply. The joy of the mice disappeared in a moment. They left the place.
Moral: Easier said than done.

Who is going to volunteer to put themselves in harm's way several hours a month.
It won't be the folks on here who ask where to go for elk cause they had no time all year to scout or get permission. Are they gonna have time to get shot at?
Or how about the farmer/rancher trying to beat the weather for his crops or keep his livestock from burning alive in a prairie fire. [BTW anyone bother to eve follow up on what is happening with the Suffield fire?] Doubt they will commit to this plan.

I couldn't tell you one of my neighbours who would have time for this plan.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand