View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Wow Caber, no family resemblance there at all!

I had to find this thread to have a second look.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=269401
Funny you should say that..... but because the relative that I really resemble is my Grandpa's brother Wally (Wally is at left in this photo with my Grandpa on the right). Great Grandpa Alexander Strachan from my first post became the father-in-law of my Grandpa pictured..... I don't know if I have a photo of myself to best demonstrate the similarity with uncle Wally, but when I first showed my 7 year old son that picture a year ago and I asked him who the man on the left was, he replied that it was me! I'd not seen the photo until a few years ago and the resemblance struck me immediately. All of a sudden it made sense of the doe-eyed look of wonder that my Great Aunt was staring at me with when I visited them about 9 years ago; I was chatting with Wally and she was intent on fixing me something to eat and looking at me the same way that Marty McFly's Mom was ogling him in Back to The Future . She has sadly passed away since.