View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_randall View Post
My father has offered to give me one of his Kukris from when he with the army and in Nepal for a while. He is in the UK, would it be okay to bring it back in a suitcase on a flight or would you recommend packing it up and shipping it via postal service?

Worried it might go missing in a suitcase as you hear stories of cases being raided, also slightly concerned about the wood and leather sheath being damaged if on a prolonged postage route.

Any suggestions?
In hold luggage it is fine. Done a few trips out to Canada from the UK and never had any issues, although when I came through Montreal this year the customs guy was pretty clueless about all things hunting. He was looking to see what category my hunting knife (with a 4” blade) went into on the prohibited list. I told him its not prohibited so surely wouldn't be on a list, otherwise the list would have to include all the things n the world. I was told to keep quiet, until his supervisor came over and asked what I was still doing stood there, to which the supervisor said, 'it would be a pretty big list if non-prohibited items were all listed too' to which I giggled.

You'll be fine in checked luggage at both ends.