Thread: Bitcoin
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Being an oldie, understanding Bitcoin is a challenge. For me, it sounds like nothing more than buying/selling stock. What’s new other than it seems unregulated?
The difference is that Bitcoin has very little value. Other than expediting funds transfers world wide, it has little to no benefit. Some argue the security of it also has value, however the exchanges these things are traded on are all new and very sketchy to deal with when withdrawing or providing funds. Buying stock in a tangible company, although there are similarities, is quite different.
The crytpo "Ripple" should have absolutely shot thru the roof the other day when Moneygram chose to partner with them. It did go up and then shot right back down. The "values" are based on wild speculation from people who really don't have a clue- including myself. I got in early, made some decent money and hit the road. People are losing confidence in foreign governments that this technology will be allowed to operate. Hence the massive sell off. Some will survive and thrive. Most will crash out. Just my $.02