View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:01 PM

Default No

Someone who wants to do something different or change an existing system needs to prove or at least make a good argument that doing the new thing will be broadly OK. Handgun hunting is not currently allowed; if you want to hunt with handguns then show us all why it's a such great idea. If you want to hunt from your truck seat at night with a spotting lamp then show us why it's great idea. Both are ridiculous in my view, but somebody on here will likely argue for both changes to the hunting regulations...

Allowing hunting with handguns would take a total re-write of restricted firearm law in Alberta and likely the entire country. Start with that if you want to hunt with handguns.

I'm not against everything, just that which strikes me as stupid and/or reflects poorly on us as a community. "Hunter" used to be a respected term; I think that respect has unfortunately worn very thin due to the actions of many idiots who call themselves hunters. Arguing for handgun hunting in Canada is like arguing for unprotected gay sex with seals, it's just not going to make a lot of sense outside a very small community of people.