View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
The laws we have nowadays are the result of when Canada was formed. But the changes, additions along with interpretations and the leaning one way or the other is the direct result in the last 30- 40 years.
Yes, and those changes or additions were not always the result of an actual need to make those changes. Some of those laws were the result of political posturing by a government, to give the impression that they were being tough on crime, when in fact that wasn't the case.

Quote:
They do not cater to the elitist or the individual.
Actually many laws do cater to certain groups or even to certain individuals. The majority of Canadians were never in favor of some laws, and in fact even the majority of MPs were against some laws, but the vote was whipped, so in fact those laws were passed to appease a very small political group, or even an individual party leader.

Quote:

You want to hunt with a handgun, I want to hunt from the seat of my warm pick up truck, or the seat of my quad. Why I cannot is due to the laws reguarding the discharging of a firearm from within a vehicle. (which resulted from drive by shootings) Cause and effect. It has nothing to do with hunting.
Do you really expect us to believe that is why you can't legally discharge a firearm from a vehicle?Do you actually even believe that yourself?

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-31-2011 at 08:30 PM.