View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 07:30 PM

Just because a person does not agree with what you think is right does not make them more wrong or right then you are. It does make them an individual with their own thoughts.

Making an argument about how Liberal society is, well those my parents age 40+ are to blame, after all they are the ones who choose the Goverments in the past and they are the ones who allowed the laws of Canada to be misdirected to protect the criminal.

The laws we have nowadays are the result of when Canada was formed. But the changes, additions along with interpretations and the leaning one way or the other is the direct result in the last 30- 40 years.

Our laws are there to protect the masses. They do not cater to the elitist or the individual. Should they. Should we model ourselves on do as we want society, or should we allow a sacrifice to protect those who cannot protect themselves?

You want to hunt with a handgun, I want to hunt from the seat of my warm pick up truck, or the seat of my quad. Why I cannot is due to the laws reguarding the discharging of a firearm from within a vehicle. (which resulted from drive by shootings) Cause and effect. It has nothing to do with hunting. Hunting is the harvesting of an animal. How you carry that out should be up to the individual. You guys are right about that.
But we have laws, rules and regulations. That you may or may not agree with.
Maybe we should re-write the whole firearms law along with the hunting laws. We should just gid rid of all firearm laws.

A person using a firearm to kill another person, rob a store etc will only be charged with the actual intent and that be it. So no difference between robbing a store with a knife or a firearm. The severity of the crime is not affected by the tools used to commit the crime.

That to me is the best idea ever. The penaltys for everything should be a hammer, chisel, bread, water, big rocks to small rocks. Maybe coal to keep them warm in the winter.

Should we get rid of all firearms laws? All requirements to posses them, allow anyone to posses them?
The same for hunting, there should be no test for hunting, a person should be able to hunt year round as they see fit.
We as individuals should be able to manage the situation overall with out interferance from the Goverment.