View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
I am one who is willing to sacrifice a few freedoms ...
Why? Where will that end? Who will decide which are the "small" freedoms that can be surrendered and which are the "large" freedoms? You?

Quote:
Or we could make it so that lets say Alberta would make its own laws that may or may not be the same as Ontario,...
Watch 'yer mouth, pilgrim

Quote:
The best solution is to allow people to do what they want when they want as long as their direct actions do not affect innocent non involved people.
But at what point do we draw the line?
It's not hard. You know where the line is. So do I. So do 99% of the rest of folks. As for the rest, we deal with them as circumstances require but we do NOT construct our laws and our society for them. Not only is that wrong-headed, but it so happens that does not work anyway. We are not safer for it.

Quote:
I am not totally disagreeing with a person who wants more abiltiy to enjoy a sport or even protect themselves. But we need to tread lightly as to what we want.
We've been treading lightly for years. It has taken us down the Rabbit Hole.
No more.

Quote:
Others may want more then you and they could get it. That may not be a want they should have..
Those we deal with as necessary but we do not need to fear them. And we sure as heck don't need to give up our own freedom in the false belief that this will make a better world. It will not.

Everyone is drawn to promises of warm, fuzzy security and release from the responsibility of making so many decisions. It is a trap that has been used by successful tyrants for centuries.

Canada is riddled with progressive totems and taboos posing as truth. It's sad.