View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billie View Post
I have heard the volley of lead in the distance and I know that a herd of elk in running flat out. Like the BOOM-BOOM…BOOM-BOOM-BOOM…BOOM…BOOM (Yes 7) shots from 300yds behind me at a herd I was closing on at 600yds...
I don't like that, either. I also don't like people who won't practice shooting. They see the need to spend time at the driving range, but not the shooting range. I don't like short men who shoot too much gun. I don't like hunters who won't move heaven and earth to find and retrieve what they shot. I don't like the *****hole who drove his quad across the river and who was posted with his rifle about 100 yds from my camp when I walked down the trail before dawn. We had words. But what's any of that got to do with hunting with a pistol?

How do you feel about animals that are arrowed in the guts at 50 yards?

My point is that poor ethics and lack of respect for game has nothing whatsoever to do with the length of the barrel nor the size of magazine. Nothing. Nada.

Quote:
( I’m not against the distance if it was a single clean shot, and no, nothing died). Now we want to put handguns in these same hands.
You are saying that handguns will promote worse hunting ethics! OWwwww, my head hurts.

Quote:
I don’t care about the talented gun owners, no problem there, but why do the talented gun owners HAVE to hunt with their handguns?
What does "have to" got to do with it? I don't "have to" own all the rifles I own. You probably don't "have to" drive the vehicle you drive nor own 2 quads nor x, y and z. If you think about it, you'll realize that "have to" is not a place you want to go in making laws.

If not, I can assure you that's a place I will not go willingly.

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, because I want to, got it, the government has its boot on my throat, got it, etc, got it,....
No, you don't.

Quote:
Do your rifles not work well enough?
Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Quote:
I just don’t see the gain against the restriction of “not allowing handgun hunting” except for the ones who WANT to use handguns.
And you think that opposing irrational laws which prevent people from doing what they want does not amount to a gain? We should find that far, far more scary than guns with short barrels.

I don't see the "need" for a lot of things, but I would fight for your right to own or do those things unless you were harming someone else or you were causing my taxes to go up or...something! I wish you felt the same way. If you did, we would live in a better country.