View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
I choose not to because my mother taught us that with the right hope for the future I could do anything no matter how hard life gets.I was pipelining for banister and other companies at a very young age,i was pulling in $90000 in 1979.

My daughter is a pharmacist and makes a very good living and so will her children.I choose to work in the bush most of my life and there were many bad times,but yet I pulled through and lived a very independent life taking orders from no one,it was my way or the highway.There's never been a time where I needed to take anything from anyone or any system that benefits me for my well being,i make that move and choice.
This hope has to be planted in you at a very young age and you can't get this from some card.
It's a fine woven tapestry that's imbedded in every fabric of my soul that could never be made by a card,my mother wove this tapestry very carefully so that no matter what life dealt me I would still go forwards without hesitation free with no one to say you made your life because of a card.
Every person has there own destiny ,you pick your path and roll with the punches and no one owes me anything.I was born with nothing and will leave this earth the same way,not even the card can change this destiny ,so why do I need it through out my life.I know where the sidewalk ends and the road begins and that's all I need to get by.chi-miigwech
So you choose to ignore your heritage because you pick your own path? If your treaty why aren't you celebrating it instead of hiding from it? I've never seen so much ridiculousness ever.

You are who you are yet you seem to think not accepting your treaty rights makes you a better man. The last thing id teach my children is to hide who they are and to ignore their heritage like your mom and you think is the right thing to do.