View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 04:07 AM

Sonny, I've lost one deer at 15 yards, and one at 40 about 15 years ago. For me it's not a matter of see a deer and shoot. I've had multiple times that deer have sniffed my boot as I'm sitting by a trail. I am quite particular of what I'm shooting when it comes to deer as I dont want to burn my tag up on just anything. When in the bush long shots are to ify for me but in a open field on a calm morning on a deer that's feeding there's a good chance that if it's the buck I want I'm going to take him. This can't be done without alot of practice and quite honestly after being stuck in harvest mode for the last 3 weeks I'm not going to be planning any mid to long shots until I get the rust off. Am I pushing the limits yes I know this and is why I need to practice continually to do so.
Now I can see Auguements to be made but I spend alot of time and money making good deer habitat and feeding them thruout the tough winters and yes wise buck I have land at Bonnyville area that is constantly being night hunted around that I've been trying to get stopped. So if this makes me unethical and should have my bow taken away and chopped up just step up and bell the cat boys