View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Nope. You're way off.
It's a matter of right and wrong. The government has NO right to be telling business how much they HAVE to pay someone to work.
Oh, and I'm not outraged, not insecure, and I certainly don't want to keep people down...especially business owners that risk everything they have to try and make a living, only to have someone tell them they have a crappy business plan when the government starts dictating their expenses.
Talk about insecure people; when you have to put down a business owner for not having a good business plan to make yourself feel good about dipping into his bank account.
What's next? Are you going to accuse people that work for minimum wage of not having a good life plan?
This would seem to be the reality in Alberta. Until the present provincial government was elected,... "conservative" governments have been in power since province wide minimum wages were legislated in 1965. I guess it was the Soc Creds that introduced the legislation at $1.00/hr which was endorsed and increased many times over by the "conservatives" during their 40+ year reign.
Of course we all recall the doom and gloom forecast at the time of each of those increases BEFORE the NDP continued the "tradition".