View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
I just plain don't get it.

SRD does a poll when thew Quality angling concept was contemplated and 80%+ were in favor.
We has another "Quality Angling Poll" several weeks ago on this forum and 80+% were in favor
And here we go again with another that says 86% are in favor of releasing nearly off of their catch.

Leaving us with about 10% of anglers who have 95% of the lakes in Alberta managed for them.

Why is SRD so outta step with their client base?
Maybe SRD is not outta step with their client base considering that the 200 or so people that vote on these AO polls represent what........... +/-.001% of all Alberta anglers. The SRD poll that was quietly posted on their site for a month that almost no one knew about, well, I think that we all know who participated in that one.

My catch/keep depends on allot of things including (off hand) how far I drive to catch a fish, the time of year/water quality, regs for the lake and whether or not the fish is likely to die if I release it.

If I drive 3 hours to get to a good trout lake or go for a few days then I am likely going to come home with my limit if I can but if I go to a lake 3 kms away I'll likely only keep what I need for supper that night. Other times I'll just fish for the heck of it, kill time or whatever, and I won't keep anything. If I catch something that is hooked bad then it gets eaten. If I'm fishing a slew in August then I likely won't keep anything. If I'm fishing Lac Ste Anne for walleye then I can't keep any although I'm hoping to get drawn for a couple of tags this year.

My rules are to only keep what you need and leave the rest and keep only the eatin sized ones and let the big and small ones go.