View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 03:41 PM

Default 9.3 Brenneke

I was bitten by the bug over 15 years ago. It is a very effective harvester of game. Consider it a non-belted magnum.
Brass - I found inexpensive brass early on and recently bought some RWS. Brass can be found by diligent searching.
Throating - this was the biggest decision I had to make. My rifle is optimized for 250/270/286 gr bullets. If you want to throw out 300 gr Swift the throat will need to be lengthened which will be great for the 300 gr but may effect the smaller pills. My rifle happens to really like the 270 Speer and the 286 partition equally.
Reloading - find a powder that balances high velocity and a full case. Slightly compressed works well in mine. Use a magnum primer.
Use a heavy barrel contour as well as a heavy stock. A boyd laminate would be ideal. Try to get it up around 10 lbs. (it was my single mistake putting mine in a Brown Precision composite.)
Recoil - yup, it has lots but also delivers a huge impact. My last moose walked 10 steps. Deer like it too.
Build it! Its not something you will spend a day at the range with but it does have its attraction.