View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
You just gotta call me out eh......?

I normally just bet on Flamers games.

But.... challenge accepted my friend.
Well I just felt bad about you missing out on a two bottle win on Sunday, so figured I'd give you another chance. I don't normally bet on sports at all, except with you.... hope it's a good fast game and nobody gets hurt.

I was talking with a young friend today, he played hockey with my son back in atoms, and he had done me a favor so wanted to drop him off a moose garlic sausage....found out he was playing beer league on Sunday, his team winning 5-1 with a couple minutes left...and some idiot decided to go full bore on him. Put him head first into boards from 3 feet out. He got his arm up, but his right elbow is shattered. He spent a couple hours in surgery yesterday, got plates and pins holding it all together. Will be off work at least 3 weeks, months of healing and rehab. Idiot kicked out of league, big deal. Anyway, makes me not wish for anyone to get hurt playing a game. Figured I'd share that, and we can all enjoy the game.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone