View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 08:03 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Jeepers creepers Marty I just got my canadian trapper magazine and see you peeled one in 3 minutes flat.... At ten bucks a dawg...I got 200 an hour doing something you love. Pretty respectable wage this day and age...lookin for some work this fall?
I seem to have plenty of work myself in a given winter!

Did the magazine state that i was the second place LOSER in that contest too? Some guy beat me skinning a coyote with one leg tied up and other leg loose. 2:35 so nothing real exciting. A typical Alberta skinning contest has about 3 or 4 guys in the 2:20 to 2:45 range, and Duncan McLeod of the clan McLeod is up and coming, so maybe 5 even six guys capable.

To win, you need the right coyote. I also watched Mr Joshua clock a couple in the three minute range.

Skin a lill beater coyote and anybody is fast. But 1:25 is 1:25. I think there are many people in both Saskatchewan and Alberta, as well as states like Montana, Wyoming, both Dakotas, and golly, lets not forget good ole Illinois. Good chance the worlds best skinners are there in IL!!! I kid you not. 1500 coyotes in a buyer shop isnt really volume, 10,000? 20,0000??? 30,000???? That would be volume and if you have a hard time with this statement then you dont really know what goes on on this continent!!!

Crazy huh?