View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
I am an elederly dog trainer who lives in the country, and I too had a visit by the mounties. The gun the neighbours were concerned about was a $1.00 plastic cap gun that I bought from the dollar store and use it to train my dogs.

We live in different times fellows, and there is no doubt that there have been some terrible crimes committed by nuts with guns.

I came out of the house with the cap gun in my pocket and spoke to the officers, and when they asked I showed them my gun to train "not gun shy" lessons.

I'm kind of with the police on this one, I knew one of those young fellows killed in Mayerthorpe. It must be very hard to attact young people into this proffession.
I don't know how to post pictures on here but I would like to post pictures of my Father and what police used to look like.
Trusted members of community. Nobody on power trips to show their authority over the very people they worked for.
Blue uniforms and no body armor or gun belts they used to have revolvers on flap holster and nobody I think in history of Bridgwater police I think ever pulled a gun on anyone despite back then very common for public to have a gun in a truck.
Basically no crime and people liked the police.
When dad became chief the best part of job was he didn't have to lug around a revolver anymore.
Laws were interpreted by police for the overall good of the community Common sense was very common.
I truly believe that today we have a training problem with police. Regardless of Dept they seem to all have taken same stupid college training
My advice to police
If everyone hates you. You might be going about things the wrong way. Although statistically being a police officer is way safer than other professsions. Although now a days Alcohol, suicide,divorce, depression,isolation seems to be part of it
If you want action, join the military.