View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 07:00 PM

Smile

I have a couple reels with Rio's Aqalux lines on them. I use them for still water and have had some really good success.

The other one I have used is a Cortland Clear Camo. That was a very good line as well. I gave the reel and line away to a 10 year old boy who was using a dry line and having no luck. His dad was not fishing, but he was rowing his son around the lake. He had spent the better part of the morning rowing his son around trying to get him into fish. Dad didn't fish at all and had no idea what he was doing. I had the line on an older reel that I was thinking of replacing anyway. I talked to John (the dad) and asked if it was ok that I give his son a reel and some flies. Dad was thrilled. I told the kid to use one fly in particular that I was having some really good luck with. We were not staying at the same campsite but were down the lake a bit from them. My wife and I stopped in a few days later when we were leaving. The boy came over to me and my wife and told us he had caught 5 fish with that line and the flies that I gave to him. Was it the line? Was it the flies? I think probably a combination of both.