View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:41 AM

It all the officers discretion, I have been on both sides of the coin as I like to cook up a fish when ice fishing. One officer told me to wait until I was leaving to put the remains down the hole. Another told me to take them off the ice with me and another said I could just dump them down any hole and continue fishing ( implying the same hole) as long as my intention was not to bait the fish but simply return the remains to nature. I even asked another officer about it and he said it was fine as long as I didn't have a line in the water. So many different interpretations and no straight answers, I just figure its better to play on the safe side that ruin a day with a ticket.

Funny thing is I have seen people receive tickets for filleting fish at Pigeon Lake Provincial Park. I ended up asking the officer what to do since your not allowed to clean them outside of the cleaning station in the park but your also not allowed to transport a fish that can not be identified. Basically if you want to eat fish at the campsite your SOL. We ended up cooking the fish right on the tail gate at the boat launch.
I guess it really depends on the mood of the officer.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."