View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwhyTwhy View Post
All great points fellas - clearily having one tent is not ideal for all my fishing oppurtunities, but I have to start somewhere. I guess then I need to buy the tent that will fit my needs perfectly 80% of the time. And that is most definately drive to edge of lake or even drive on. I dont forsee myself hikkng for countless hours to get to a fishing location.

But Im hesitant to get any pop up because I want to be mobile. Although RavYak brings up a good point, I can load up my own sled with a 2 man popup which would be manageable and the gear I already own - tripod seats. I feel like Im just over thinking it at this point! Is a 2 man flip that much better for mobility then a 2 man popup?

There is an eskimo evo2 in the classifieds on here Im eyeing up - its like a hybrid popup flip tent.
Yes a flip over is Much better for mobility than any op up. Even for moving hole to hole on pre-drilled holes like Walleye fishing the flip over is far easier to move around. Packing up and moving spots takes less than a minute, basically flip over the shelter, throw in the auger and fish finder and off you go. For a first tent, the two man flip is a great choice. You can add a pop up or larger tent as a next buy and transport it in the sleigh too if you want. Especially is you are a drive on or drive to fisherman, it is a great choice. You can tow it behind the truck, don't even have to load it in the box for low speed moves on the lake.

I have also used one of these for good mobility. Does an excellent job of keeping the wind off you. HT Enterprises Polar Windbreaker