View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
i just was thinking to do it because i have a hell of a time finding ammo for that .35 rem . i love that rifle but my bullet stock pile is getting fairly low. is there any extra pieces i would need with the lee kit?
Micrometer, chronograph, crimper, hand primer, length trimmer, brass tumbler & media,.........Mortgage the house, it will be easier.

For just the single rifle, hunting 1 or 2 animals per year, definitely not worth it. For a rifle that is hard to find quality ammunition, start reloading your own. I reload because I enjoy it, and I save a lot of money. I have 6 rifles I reload for, but the varmint rifles get the most workout (22-250. 200-300 rounds per year at gophers and coyotes. I figure I save $250-$350 on these alone, $200-300 per year on my other rifles combined.)

I have the lee set, and its good. There are better out there, but a lot more money. I really like the Lee Collet sets. If you are not going to switch brass between guns (ie the brass is firesized to your rifle), it is much easier to reload, and quick (no case lube required), and the brass lasts longer.

I shoot a 270. Factory ammo is very abundant. However, the accuracy is so much better with my hand loads, and I can not find the bullet/powder combination in factory loads that is most accurate in my rifle. That is the difference. My son has a 7mm Rem Mag that he is setting up for long range. Factory loads just will not cut it here!

Once the initial investment is made, the rest is academic, the cost of reloads is much cheaper. And there is the satisfaction of finding a load combination that works so well with your rifle, sub MOA!