View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 11:50 PM

I was hoping the new process would improve registration but it doesn’t sound good. When I registered my first ram it was thorough and accurate and an overall good experience. Many years later I went to register my second ram at the same office. I took my kids as I thought it would be a good chance to see law enforcement in action and learn a bit about the careful management of our wildlife....... wrong. They refused to register it and insisted I leave it there. Getting that ram was one of the hardest things I have done in my life and I would probably trade any possession I had other than my house for it. I was not going to leave it there. I tried several times to arrange an appointment and stopped at the office several times with the horns. They refused to do it unless I left it. I finally relented. I was glad to see the new process allows for making an appointment. Once I finally got the call to come to F&W, instead of picking up a plugged and registered ram, I was interrogated with questions specifically designed to trick me into an answer that would incriminate me. When I provided a detailed topo map of location of kill, the officer took it behind the glass, flipped it upside down and asked me to mark it on a poor quality low definition aerial photo he printed off, again trying to trick me. I don’t understand how this evolved from a mandatory registration process into a mandatory interrogation process. They have every bit of info they need to come to your house and charge you if they have evidence of wrongdoing. I was very disappointed with F&W during this process. It is not all officers as I know some very well and have a lot of respect for them but there needs to be some changes. This guilty until proven innocent BS has to go.