View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 02:38 PM

My 16 year old’s first archery whitetail. We primarily hunt mule deer, but while still hunting through the brush along the edge of a lake opening week, we caught sight of this beauty buck and started hunting him as much as we could. I made a poor decision and took an iffy shot at him a little over a week ago (totally my fault, and i was shaking like crazy) and grazed his front leg. We kept at it though, and on Saturday morning we caught him going through a pinch point between some corrals and the open ground by the lake. Thought we lost him in the brush, but he was actually bedded about 50 yards in front of us without us knowing… i hooked around to the other side to hopefully relocate him, but when Matty inadvertently kicked a bush, the buck stood up right in front of him. The deer looked at matty and then took two steps and looked back again. This gave him time to come to full draw and make a perfect shot. Much better than his old man.
With all the pressure on this property, I’m surprised there are bucks of this size that make it through year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk