View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Ok, I am curious of opinions on this, I assume you will all disagree as I am a Flames fan, However, I am a fan of McDavid and what he brings to the game, so an injury to him would be devastating...

Last night the goal was waved off as Tanev Clearly got his stick in between his feet. Mcdavid calls Tanev out for a dangerous play. McDavid will draw a ton of penalties, should be 2 tons, because 100% of the leagues Dmen can't skate with him and 95% have no clue how to defend against him. That's not his fault.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ The link just takes you to sportsnet, I can't figure out how to link the video, currently it is the first story though on the link.

Again I do agree that Tanevs stick got in between McDavids feet, and believe the call to reverse the goal was understandable. However.. When you watch the replay, I personally think McDavid put himself in a vulnerable position trying to drive to the front of the net, that low down with that much speed. Tanev was clearly in his path already and honestly if McDavid didn't go down due to Tanevs stick, It is likely Tanev would have ended up smoking him, or even ended up clipping a knee. There is no right of way per say, but I definitely don't think when someone tries to cut in front of the net from below the faceoff dot, you should just give him a free pass.

Doesn't matter if its McDavid/Crosby/Mckinnon/Gudreau if you don't have the space to get there that is on the player. It is not uncommon to blow a tire doing that without contact, so assuming there is going to be some contact, and the fact that no matter who it is, will most likely always take a swing at the poke check....

Anyhow I am glad that he never got hurt, but I do believe the majority of the onus should be on McDavid when he makes a play like that. I personally think he needs to be a little more cautious when he does that, as it will eventually end up in an injury to him.

Yes he should slow down and not use the talent God gave him to be the best player on the planet.

Not sure how you came up with any of your slant on things when the guy was tripped on an illegal play, quite clearly spelled out in the rulebook regarding impeding a puck carrying opponent. Onus is on the defender and rules are in place on how to defend without penalty.

Whats next? Players shouldn't shoot the puck as hard as they can because Dmen and goalies might get hurt?

Last edited by 270person; 10-07-2021 at 10:51 PM.