View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Good grief Chuck!

This concept of eliminating the lower income brackets of society as a way to increase licence availability for others is completely against the sole reason we even have Wildlife as a publically owned and available resource.

Hunting is NOT a "Sport" for many people. Big game are NOT "sport" animals.

While there is merit in having people pay a fair share for the cost of wildlife management and the access to this Publically owned resource, managing hunter numbers through economics only leads to one conclusion, limited access available only for those who can pay the highest price.

So Chuck, How many Minister's Big Horn Special Licences did you buy?

If so many people are so readily willing to pay $100 for the chance to draw a Cadomin tag, why aren't they buying the Raffle tickets? Most years a pile of these tickets are sold to one or two benefactors in order to sell them out. It doesn't add up that people want to pay $25 a shot for a chance when they are passing this opportunity by.

---------------------

There are many much more effective and sound changes to current wildlife management practices that will result in more hunting licences which will result in lowering the priority required to draw a tag. Here's one.

Anybody want a quick easy way to double the number of draw licences available for many of these "trophy" hunts?

GET RID OF THEM!

If we simply got away from this "Trophy" management mentality there would be many more licences available, especially for species such as Mule Deer.

Instead of offering a harvest of 3-5% of the population as is done for a "trophy" Mule deer area, lets issue the 10-15% that the population can biologically withstand thus maximizing the licence availability while reducing the draw wait times.

Yes, I can hear the hard core Antler hunters.....
I can hunt cows or does now every year to my hearts content.

As far as eliminating lower "income brackets". What a rediculous notion. And so far no one can provide the math to back this up.

-Billy Molls