View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 07:00 AM

I finally got a chance to run the new 30 cal to the 1 km mark,,, the garbage wet noodle stock and crappy trigger made it challanging.

8 hits with in the 12" V ring, and 2 fly'ers at 16",,, I'm sure they were the warm up shots. Ha,,, I'll blame it on the 2 ton trigger pull.

A Frugal Remmy SPS, 24" barrel, hand loads using Lapua brass the with 42.6gr Varget behind the Hornady 178gr ELD-X. The rifle deffinatly needs a work over this sprig coming up.

My shooting friend wants a new rifle, so I'll build 4 rifles in total,,, Carlos Hathcock M40a1 Marks Man,,, a M40a3,,, and the M40a5 for my self,,, I'm just waiting to find out which one of the 3 my friend wants for him self.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_rifle

Yes the last 2 units are heavy, but they offer good consistency, the Carlos Hathcock build I'll use for general plinking, hunting, and the farm tractor packer. Ha Nothing like shooting the 9 lb'er where ever my boots take me.

My other pal and I spent a few days chatting about taking on the 2 mile challange, but after lots of debates we decided that this would not be practical in our shooting sports,,, not that that it dosen't interest us,,, we don't see that part of the hobby lasting since we're more in line with general plinking, camping and good times along the Eastern Slopes.

At least I'm getting the 1 cartrage thing sorted, might take 3 rifles in the collection to get there. Funny how things work out in the quest of good times.

Today we're doing the 1500 meter shoot, I'm suprized I at least mounted the scope level with out it being canted to one side or the other. LOL.

Very challanging working with the factory stuff these rifles come with, good thing that all of us have the options of some of North America's best Gun Smiths in our Province, mine lives a few miles West of me,,, that's a real bonus. Ha