View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
As an oilers fan, I can find comfort in the fact the our bitter rivals to the south (Flamers) suck just as bad.... with even less hope for the future (no McJesus).
Helps me get thru the disappointment
Haaahaa, just as bad, nope.
Haaahaaaaahaaaaa, less hope for the future, hilarious. A Flames prospect was captain of the gold medal winning junior team, first pick from last year was a point per game player in his last two seasons in the WHL as a defenceman, and Edmonton has zero prospects in TSN top 50 Prospects Ranking. McDavid is amazing, but simply having him on your team isn't enough, as evidenced by his last 3 seasons.

I'd love an honest answer on how the Oilers are going to improve from last season? They have approx. $10M to sign 7 more players (avg. of $1.4M per player) and no prospects that look like they are going to make the jump (top player in Bakersfield was Josh Currie with 46 points, 58th in the league). So the options seem like guys just play better or 10th overall comes in and is an impact player. My honest opinion is that the Oilers are going to be one of the worst teams in the league again.