View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
I've had four F350's in a row with the current one being a 2015 Lariat. I was considering downsizing to one of the half ton diesels next year. Biggest thing I'll be pulling is a 29' holiday trailer that weighs about 6000 lbs loaded. I have concerns that it may be too much for the 1/2 ton diesel though no matter what the specs say.

I'll be staying with the Lariat as I don't need all the fancy schmancy extras. I always wait for the friends and family sale and get a significant discount. I'll definitely be driving one and checking reviews. I'm pretty used to the one tons though so we'll see.
I think yours is rated something like 40 more hp and 80-100 ft lb tq more than my 12 F350 Lariat. I always wanted to try a newer one, but mine has been so damn good I just couldn't bring myself to trade it in. It's paid off and under 100km, hardly broke in.

I think it will pull it, as will the ecopuff, but they are on the turbo's constantly, working the hell out of that poor tiny little motor and much lighter components in the drivetrain. I just do not see them lasting as real work trucks.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....