View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschache View Post
Triggers for me are gravy, any of the club house gravy mixes, soup mixes stew mixes, chili mixes, I cut out 80% of red meat out of my diet, rich foods like crab, anything with concentrated oxo cubes. I used to drink beer a lot and never really got gout from beer from what I could remember but more with different types of foods or ingredients in foods. I quit drinking all together and have had some of the worst attacks since. One of the worst was the last batch of BH sheep stew I made and I watched what I put into the batch and WOW! I was disabled for 3-4 days on crutches because the gout locked up in my knee which was a first. Its not a funny thing for sure but after I have to laugh at myself! As soon as I can feel a weird twitch or feeling in my foot I start hammering the prescription and stay close to a washroom until it subsides . When on shift I pack a lunch in the morning and 2 extra pair of underwear just in case!
If you have gout avoid MSG,gravy mixes,soup mixes,canned food,soups,kraft dinner mix ,it's in all kinda foods,steak spices have it,Plus I know a guy when he has MSG his anxiety takes right off,bad for your heart.
Lotsa people with gout have high uric acid and MSG elevates it bad,it's pretty well in all food packages.Chinese food ask for no msg.